On this page you will find our most up to date information on our COVID-19 response as a church. We will continue to update this page in the future as our restrictions on meeting are lifted and things change.
Hey Viners!!! Pastor Travis lets us know about our plan for returning to in person gatherings. We're so excited!!!Posted by The Vine Church on Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Dear Vine Family,
Pastor Travis and our executive team have taken some time to pray and think through the process of reopening the church for regular services. Our heart is to be in step with The Holy Spirit, to honor government authorities and honor our Vine family.
Some of us may think we’re opening too early, and others may think we’re opening too slowly. Please remember this is not a quick or easy decision because of all the logistics in play. We are aware that we may offend some no matter our decision, so here is what we are asking of you: Continue to pray for your leaders. Continue to have grace for us – even when you disagree with our decisions. Please continue to be kind, respectful and Christ centered in your discussion about these matters.
Here is our plan for Sunday services moving forward:
We will be streaming our services online for the next 2 Sundays, May 10th and 17th, and having in-home Watch Parties for those services hosted by some of our leaders. We will have signups through our website, just like our small groups; please be sure to sign up each member of your family individually so we can cater to everyone’s needs. https://thevinegoshen.churchcenter.com/groups/home-watch-parties
It will be a great time for fellowship, connection and getting to do church together before we all meet again in our building. We are encouraging live worship for the groups that are able – with a live stream of the message onto a big screen in each home.
On May 24th, we will have our first in person services! All 3 services will be back in the building and in person with a few adjustments. Two more Watch Parties will be hosted with a live stream of the main service, for those that feel more comfortable in that setting.
We will Not:
- We will not serve food or coffee – however you can bring your own
- We will have children’s ministry – however we will need to be flexible with age groups a bit based on volunteers
- We will not pass the offering or hand out bulletins
- We will not require you to wear a mask to be in the building – however you are welcome to wear them if you would prefer
- We will postpone any communion services until we are further along in this process
- We will clean surfaces, bathrooms and other items between each service.
- We will clean extra in kids areas
- We will pull some chairs to allow for safe distances
- We will have masks and gloves available – for those that would feel safer wearing them.
- We will honor everyone who comes to the church and welcome them as family like we always do.
- We will worship together, pray together and study God’s word together as we come back together as a church body.
We encourage those of you who are 65 or older or high risk to consider staying home if that’s what is best for you. However, we are not going to turn you away if you do decide to come. That’s your decision to make. We hope to see you all soon!